15 Aug 6 Fatal Mistakes When Building A New Website in 2018 (and how to avoid them)
We have seen hundreds of websites with these…
… For the sake of your business, please don’t be another one
1. Using a Designer Instead of a Landing Page Designer
Let’s get this out of the way first…
What is the purpose of your website?
For 99% of business websites – the purpose is to generate new leads and/or sales for their company.
Having a beautiful website is great I agree, however if it comes at the price of leaving out critical conversion components (see our Perfect Homepage Checklist) then you are:
1. Leaving a lot of money on the table in lost business.
2. Going to never see the majority of your visitors again.
3. Losing your customers to competitors.
Landing Page designers have the expertise in understanding what is necessary for having a highly converting website which results in more customers and sales for your business.
2. Not Paying Enough
Sounds crazy right?
Paying too little for a new website can cost you much more in lost business due to poor branding and low quality of the finished website.
At Simplex Software we often have people coming to us after having a bad experience with an overseas web developer who delivered a half-baked website in an attempt to save money upfront.
As they say, you get what you pay for…
3. Paying Too Much
The other side of the same coin is paying too much.
Depending on what your website does it shouldn’t cost more than $5000 in the majority of cases.
With the exception of full ecommerce online stores & custom web applications which can range from around the $8k+ mark.
- How to generate more customers
- Why certain design elements should be avoided
- How to get people to visit your website in the first place
- How to get visitors to come back
- How to make more money through your website